Monday, September 10, 2007

Collin's Baptism

Well, yesterday sure was special and we are very proud of our son! The only problem was that the microphone was not turned on so some of the congregation could not hear very well. Attached here is the video! Since the mic was not on, I added subtitles to the video (and the text below also). Feel free to turn your speakers up to hear better, but you may want to turn them down right after the baptism since the crowd went wild!



If you have a high-speed connection, here is a higher resolution version.

Here is what I prepared to say (but it's not exactly what I ended up saying):
Church family, this is my son, Collin Enright. A few years ago Collin realized that, like all of us, he is not perfect and he was separated from God since God is perfect. Collin believes that Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection was God's perfect plan to make him Holy so that he could have a relationship with a Holy God now and forever.

So Collin, today I want to ask you: Do you believe that Jesus paid the price for your sin and do you want to follow Him as the Lord of your life? YES

Then Collin, based on your public profession of faith, it's my honor to baptize you, my brother in Christ, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We are buried with Christ in baptism . . . and raised to walk in a new life!

Church family, this is my son, and I am very pleased with him!!

No comments: