Thursday, September 13, 2007

Awesome Mark Schultz Concert!

We just got back from seeing Mark Schultz in concert in Sulphur Springs, TX! Yes -- that is an hour and a half from us. Yes -- it was worth it!!

He was awesome! Some singers sound great on their CDs but not as good in person -- Mark was just as great if not better in concert. He has such a great personality and sense of humor that really comes through well in concert. Of course, the music is awesome. My boys listen to his Stories & Songs CD almost every night when they're going to sleep and Collin loves his music. We went with two families from our church and we took Collin and one of his friends.

After the concert, my hands hurt from clapping, my voice was scratchy from singing, my eyes were red and puffy, and my body was dehydrated. Those last two items are because his songs tend to make me cry (He's My Son, Letters From War, She Was Watching, and Walking Her Home especially)!

One advantage of going to a concert in a smaller town is that we got to meet and greet afterwards. I got a run sheet or "set list" off the stage after the show and got him to sign it.

No comments: