Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ordained as a Deacon

Wow, what an awesome and humbling experience! On Sunday night (4/23/2006), Memorial Baptist ordained me, along with several other men, as a deacon.

It was a great service with praise and worship, a charge from Pastor Gregg, and an awesome prayer time where all of the new deacon's and elder's were prayed over. To coincide with the ordination, our church allowed us each to select a new Bible that we picked out from Sonrise Christian Store. We had our Bible's available on a table for others to sign.

Most surprising to me was that our family drove in from Arkansas to be there! My grandmother, my mother-in-law, my boys (my baby girl is too young to understand it), our good friend Patricia, and our sister and brother-in-law with their kids from Arkansas all to be there -- what a blessing and an honor!

No comments: