Thursday, October 18, 2007

Collin's Glasses

Well, thanks to a school eye screening and Collin speaking up to tell us that he can't see the teacher's writing on the board very well . . . he got glasses for the first time today! I'm not exactly thrilled that my boy has to wear these, but he really looks handsome. His momma got her glasses in the 4th grade and his cousin in the 3rd grade so that's routine for his genes I guess. He is nearsighted and his vision is 20/60.

Brooks Eye Center took very good care of us -- Thanks Dr. Taylor Brooks!

Working for an employee benefits company means that we get great benefits. One of those benefits is a free flu shot that I got today. Another benefit is the hearing test that I had to pay minimal bucks to get checked out. I had tubes and bad infections as a kid and while my hearing isn't bad, it sure isn't perfect either. The hearing test results were that most of my scores were between 20 dB (decibles) and 30 dB instead of normal being between 0 and 10 dB. In addition, my left ear was consistently worse than my right ear. The doc said it was normal (except for the hearing imbalance) for scaring and previous infections and I just have to be aware of it as I get older.

No comments: