Thursday, July 05, 2007

Baseball and Fireworks

I hope you all had a happy 4th of July! We had a great 4th. We even got to take naps in the afternoon because we went to the Ranger's game last night -- complete with fireworks after the game. I always enjoy teaching the boys some more about baseball and Collin kept score (see previous post about that) a good amount during the game.

The fireworks and the music were great and it was fun seeing the stadium with the big lights turned off -- it looked so cool! Caris was very scared at the beginning but I got her in my lap and covered her ears. After a few minutes she was fine and enjoyed the sights if not the sounds. Leaving the stadium she said "dos tings dat care me, dey was pwetty dough" (those things that scared me, they were pretty though).

I was a little conflicted because Jered Weaver was pitching for the LA Angels and he's on my fantasy baseball team. He got the loss, only struck out 2, and gave up 3 earned runs in 5 innings. Chone Figgins got a run and hit .500 for the game. K-Rod didn't get into the game since it wasn't a save situation. Mark Teixeira is the only Ranger on my team and he's still on the DL. Forgetting the fanasty baseball -- the Rangers won so that was fun!

Thanks to Dr. Timbo for the tickets!

No comments: