Sunday, September 17, 2006

Church Web sites are Broken

I found an interesting item on one of my favorite blogs -- Church Marketing Sucks (or Stinks, if you prefer). They ran a survey that simply asked the question "What's broken in your church?" and left an empty box for responses.

Aside from the basic "some of our windows are broken" answer, guess what got the most responses? The church Web site with 21% of the people who responded! Now obviously, the survey was strictly online and the site is used by people who care about church communications. So, it's a biased survey but still very interesting.

What can little ole me do to help the church body to improve in this area that's broken? Well, for starters the session that I've been asked to lead at the Church Leadership Conference is a start. I wonder if there is more that I can do?

In case you missed the above link, read the full discription of "What's broken?" from Church Marketing Sucks.

No comments: