Thursday, September 14, 2006

Church Leadership Conference

One of the reasons that I haven't posted anything lately is that I've been preparing a presentation. I have the priveledge this fall to have been asked to lead a break-out session for the Church Leadership Conference being organized and led by the Southern Baptist of Texas Convention (our state's collection of churches, the SBTC). I prepared and led a discussion on Effective Web Sites geared primarily at churches.

The Leadership conference is being held in three locations -- Euless (between Dallas and Fort Worth), Spring (north of Houston), and Tyler. The Conference locations and dates are as follows:
  • Euless was held last Saturday, September 9th,
  • Spring is on Saturday, September 23rd, and
  • Tyler is on Saturday, October 7th.
If you are interested in more details, feel free to check out the press release or the accompanying Web content on the Conventions site.

The first conference was tons of fun and I had a good turnout at the sessions (3 sessions per conference). As is usually the case, my first presentation was the worst and my third run-through was the best. The SBTC recorded the sessions and they are planning to have the audio files available for download on the Conference Web site at some point (of course the taping was of the first session!). I am planning on looking into a file service so that I can share my presentation slides through this blog and I will link to the SBTC site once they get the audio available.

No comments: